So I picked a corny title for this post. Get your groans out now and read on.
Sal tagged me with this over a week ago. He writes a fun blog about his life. Sal is a great story teller and has a knack for recreating scenes with his words.
By nature, I am an introvert, so this meme is difficult for me. I thought about not participating, but they say it is more fun to go out of your comfort zone.
I am going to change some of the rules, though — not major changes, just a little tweak. The rules as they were pass along to me are as follows.
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
- Let each person know they are tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Now, on to the fun stuff. The word random allows for a lot of time spent thinking what would be most interesting. Since I am such a private person, I fear I may have failed in this endeavor.
- I enjoy foreign films, especially French (since I can read/speak it and understand it). Much to the chagrin of my friends, whom I occasionally torture with some flicks that I just know they’ll like… if they can get past reading subtitles. More often than not, I am wrong.
- I am a bibliophile. Sounds disgusting, but I think the term “book collector” is trite, and saying “I like books” doesn’t quite fit. I still love books, but have managed to whittle my collection down over the past couple of years. Reading and collecting books is great fun; moving them is not.
- In high school, I earned an embarrassing nickname which stuck for all four years. I was the butt of this joke, and rather than sulk and have hurt feelings every time someone called me by that name, I merely embraced it. This tactic worked. The next day, the name was no longer a joke, but just what people called me, especially my closest of friends. Some students never even knew my real first name until graduation day.
- I have always been excellent at spelling and once won a college scholarship at a county spelling bee. Alas, I came in second place. Or “first runner up” as they like to say. The word I misspelled? Pall. Not only was it a simple word, but I was an altar boy growing up! I should have known it. I did know it. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that nerves don’t play a role in contests. They do. Unexpected curve balls are the most difficult to hit. The winning word? Kaleidoscope.
- Napoleon Bonaparte and the history of France fascinate me. I have read many books on the subjects; however, I’ve never written about the topics. Strange…
- I was a vegan for three years but stopped cold turkey in order to be able to enjoy all of the food I was going to be eating on a cruise — the first cruise I had ever been on. Incidentally, I went with my soul mate. She and I had met each other a little more than a month prior to the cruise. Talk about jumping in with both feet! Luckily, we were meant for each other.
With that, my list is done. I may not be the best or the most illuminating, but it is what I am comfortable with sharing. I thank Sal for tagging me, and I am going to change the rules a bit. Instead of tagging six other people and risk repeats, I am leaving the meme open to anyone who wishes to participate.
If you’d like to be tagged and write about yourself, just drop me a line or a comment and let me know. I’ll add the link to you and your site at the end of this post, and then I’ll pop over to read your blog.